Solomon Valley Community Foundation awards spring grants
BELOIT, Kan.— During its spring grant cycle, the Solomon Valley Community Foundation awarded over $50,000 in grants to 19 projects throughout Mitchell County. The following organizations received funding:
- City of Cawker City Fire Department, to cover the cost of protective equipment for volunteer fire department.
- American Legion Post #57, to purchase 12 American flags and flag poles for Memorial Day display at Elmwood Cemetery and St. John’s Catholic Cemetery.
- Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation, to help create an outdoor space for the Perdue Hospitality Home Outdoor Guest Retreat Project.
- Sts. Peter and Paul Church, Cawker City, to purchase a Clavinova Digital Keyboard with digital and recording capabilities.
- Waconda Cultural Association, to help provide support for the Native American dancers and performers at the Wakonda Indian Festival 2021.
- Beloit United Methodist Church, for purchase and installation of handicapped door opener for external door of Felllowship Hall.
- Mitchell County Community Foundation, to support the NCK-NICA startup costs for the NCK-NICA-Mountain Bike Initiative.
- North Central Regional Planning Commission, to help with Covid disaster relief funds for Mitchell County Convention & Tourism’s Marketing program.
- Tipton Catholic High School, to provide a refrigerator for the lunch program at Tipton Schools.
- City of Beloit, to help expand the number of “Mobility Beds” in the NC Community Garden.
- Catholic Charities of Northern Kansas, for Mobile Outreach Care for Mitchell County Residents to provide food boxes, hygiene kits, diapers and other essentials to individuals as needed.
- Post Rock Humane Society, to help with education and promotion of pet adoption and ownership, and provide support to spray/neuter stray and abandoned animals.
- USD 272, to help Little Knights’ Preschool design a playground for preschoolers.
- USD 273, to purchase two electronic informational display boards for Beloit Trojans stadium.
- Mitchell County Historical Society, for shelving for historical ledgers and a photographic negative collection.
- Mitchell County Hospital Health Systems, to assist with fighting COVID-19 by helping with funding to upgrade equipment and implementing additional safety practices.
- Pawnee Mental Health Services, for financial assistance for the Agriculture Assistance Program that focuses on reducing farmer and farmworker suicides in rural communities.
- Port Library, for the cost of stuffed animal workshop kits and extra copies of the story book for children to have during virtual story time.
- Tipton Community School, Inc., to purchase iPads.
This round of grants was made possible by the community foundation’s Dane G. Hansen Community Grant Fund and Community Impact Fund for Solomon Valley.
The foundation’s next grant cycle will open July 1, with applications due August 1, 2021. Colleen Eberle, Director, at 785-545-8873 or at email@example.com.